The Measurements and Capability of a 10 Yard Dumpster Rental
If you do not have a great deal of debris, or the space to fit a bigger dumpster in your driveway, a 10-yard dumpster is ideal. Below are the essentials of our smaller sized 10-yard dumpster rentals:
- Dimensions: The dimensions of a 10-yard dumpster measure 11 feet x 8 feet x 3.5 feet
- Capacity: A 10-yard dumpster can hold 10 cubic yards of material, or 4 pickup truck loads.
- Weight Limit: 10 yard dumpsters can generally hold 2 to 3 tons of material or between 4,000 and 6,000 pounds – please note that weight limits can vary by location.
- Other Key Attributes: A 10-yard dumpster is small enough to fit in nearly any driveway.
Is A 10 Yard Dumpster The Right Dimension For Your Project?
A 10-yard dumpster is the smallest and the least costly dumpster we provide. It is typically used for smaller sized junk removal and residential jobs such as:
- Attic, cellar and garage cleanouts.
- General family home cleanouts.
- Dirt and concrete removals.
- Interior house improvement.
10 Yard Dumpster Drop Off Requirements
Comply with these basic guidelines when you are getting ready for a 10-yard dumpster drop off:
- Make space: About 50 feet of space in length is needed in your driveway to drop off a dumpster. Make certain that there are no vehicles or any other obstructions that would prevent the truck from getting into the driveway.
- All clear: The truck will require a minimum of 14 to 18 feet of vertical clearance to elevate the dumpster and put it in your designated position. Make certain the delivery area is free of any low-hanging wires or tree branches.
- No need to wait: Dumpster deliveries are based upon the most fuel-efficient routes, so your dumpster can arrive at any time throughout the day. However, do not worry – you do not have to be there at the time of delivery.
- Do not forget: Once you have your 10 yard roll off dumpster, remember the weight limit and the debris restrictions that we told you about as you begin to load up the dumpster.
Are You Still Asking Yourself If A 10-Yard Dumpster Is Appropriate?
No problem! Call 888-388-5279 and a customer support agent will certainly be able to address exactly what measurement you require based upon the type and quantity of the debris that you are discarding.
In addition, you can compare the 10-yard dumpster with our 20-yard dumpster, 30-yard dumpster, and the 40-yard dumpster alternatives that are ideal for the removal of household debris (home appliance, apparel, electronic devices, furniture, toys and heavy home construction debris (asphalt, concrete, drywall, and roof shingles).